1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Push plates question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Travis_216, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Travis_216

Travis_216 Junior Member

I have a 2007 gmc sierra 1500 extended cab 4x4 new body style. I'm buying my first plow now, it's a 8 foot fisher hd minute mount 2. I know it's heavy for my truck but I'm only doing my own driveway and a few small driveways. I'm getting it off of my buddy for a really good deal and I can't turn it down. I have a leveling kit in my truck plus I'm ordering timbren's for it too.

Now I have a question about the mount, the plow is on a 09 3500 chev so I know those push plates won't fit on my 1500. I was wondering if the mount kit 7182 is the right one for my truck and this 8 foot hd plow to work?

http://www.partsforsnowplows.com/Fis...182_p/7182.htm

Thanks,
    Travis

2. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

yes the fisher push plate kit for that trk that u need is 7182 JUST my 2 cents but if ur getting a great deal on that 8 ft hd plow its early enough in the season Id sell that plow asap and then buy a 7.6 sd ld ht or maybe rd That 8ft plow is gonna be brutal on ur trk and u might not even be able to steer properly all I can say is "don't do it"