1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

push plates for 1500hd

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by plowin207, Sep 6, 2011.

1. plowin207

plowin207 Member

the 2500hd i was looking at didn't workout looking at a 1500hd would my pushplates from a 1500 fit or do i need different ones? also would the wiring from the 01 go on an 03 or would i have to change that. thanks in advance
  2. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

your plates should match so long as you have the 7169's. The light harness will not match but can be repinned to work. 99-02 is a positive common and 03-up is back to negative common.
  3. Mxrider069

Mxrider069 Member

The push plates from the 1500 will not fit a 1500hd. And yes the wiring can be made to work. I believe its just the wires in the high beam plug need to be reversed
  4. plowin207

plowin207 Member

so am i just better off to sell my truck with the plow on it and buy a new setup for the 1500hd cause the fisher site said i could put all the way up to a 9.6 v on it. i dont want one that big for what i plow but a vplow would be nice
  5. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

just got rid of my 1500HD 2 weeks ago. was the worst truck i ever owned!!!!!!! I ran a 8.6 straight and 10-15 bags of salt for ballast. No timbrens truck was maxed out, don't think it could handle a 8.6 V let alone a 9.6.... Mine was loaded leather memory etc.... and had constant problems till the day I traded it in. If your trying to make money get a 2500.