1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Push Plates and Wiring Harnesses

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Antnee77, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

If you're looking at a set of push plates, how do you know the part # of them? I have a pair of push plates that are supposed to be for a truck I am picking up tomorrow but I am not 100% that they're the right ones.

Also, if there are a couple of wires on the vehicle-specific wiring harness that are cut, can I just crimp them together and tape em up? I have the right harness for my vehicle, but I noticed a few wires are torn and I don't want to buy a new one.

2. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

you can go to fisher site, search for the part# u need, and pull up a parts listing. it shows a pretty good pic of the plates. print it out and bring w/ u. only problem is, if there have been slight updates to the part for different model years, it may not show.
    also, on the harness; solder your connections. dont crimp. the salt will get the best of ya if u crimp.

3. beungood

beungood Member

pushplates the same on V and straight blade?

Will push plates from minute mounts work on a Fisher V plow?

Jack

4. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

yes, as long as they are for the correct truck. V and straights use the same mounts.