1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Push Plate ?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by StokesPM, Nov 11, 2010.

1. StokesPM

StokesPM Junior Member

For the past few yrs I have done a good amount of landscaping for a side business and am looking to expand to do plowing. I have a cream puff '89 Dodge 1 ton daully that I paid peanuts for and am looking to set it up with a 9ft plow. I have found a complete 9ft set up off an '89 Ford, MM Speedcast. I know that the newer push plates are brand and model specific. Are the old speedcast push plates the same or can they be used on different makes n models? If they are a close fit how much integrity do you risk using spacers and making the push plate fit? Any information would be greatly appreciated! :help:

Keegan Stokes
  2. StokesPM

StokesPM Junior Member

Anyone?? :help:
  3. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

The first thing is a speedcast and a minute mount are two different plows. speedcast is the old plow with hydraulic pump under the hood witha vavle body and cables running into the cab. When minute mounts first came out they still had the same pump set up as speedcaster but offered the head gear and blade to be a single unit leaving the clean look to your truck. New minute mounts have electric over hydraulic pumps and are much faster. First thing you need to do is figure out what you have. I would assume coming off of an 89 ford it is an older speedcast. As far as your pushplates go fisher made different style pushplates for different models. i.e. ford chevy dodge....I made some mods to my pushplates to mount them from a 79 chevy to my 95 chevy....illegal every one tells me but o well my problem i guess....If i was you i would just go to a junk yard or search craigslist and find a plow specific to your truck or atleast the pushplates and the pump any way....it really all comes down to how much time and money you want to spend to make it fit. you wont lose structural integrity much but u will have compromised your head from all the head aches your going to run into...best of luck to you man...hope all goes well.
  4. StokesPM

StokesPM Junior Member

thank you the input and info!