1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Push plate tilted in

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Banksy, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

My drivers side push plate for my MM1 tilts in a little bit. It makes it so the cross bar doesn't completely line up the 4 holes.
    It appears to be sitting flush with the frame and both push plates fit into the head gear and the pins pop all the way in.
    Am I missing something?
  2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Check out the push plate carefully,is it broke/bent,are any bolts loose?
  3. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Can you take a picture of it? Lots of times they get dropped our someting and tweaked a little bit.
  4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Thanks guys. It was my fault. The bolt holes weren't perfectly lined up, so I when I tightened it down last night it pulled it in. I re-mounted it today and it's fine. Here's a trick that most probably know, but just in case. Install the cross bar so it spreads the mounts to the correct spots and makes the parallel. Thanks again for the replies. :waving:
  5. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Actually i've done a bunch of Fords and the holes didn't line up period:realmad:
  6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

This wasn't an easy job at all. I had to modify a 7170 mount into a 7170-2 style mount. Little bit of cutting and welding. Box frames are nice, but it sure makes it a PITA for bolting anything on. :realmad:
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2007
  7. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

you should see my push plates, found them in a junk yard on a truck, the guy that had the truck did some thing to the plates, Both the front end tabs are bent down at the Same agnel. how funny is that??, was going to heat them up but i tryed the plow light frame on and it bolted right up so didnt have to heat them up
  8. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Glad they fit. I'd never try to modify a Chevy mount to fit a Ford or Dodge or the other way around. My generation of Dodge has a couple styles with slight differences. I just copied the pics from Fishers site for the modifications.