1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Push Plate Question (Ford Superduty)

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 06CCSB, Sep 5, 2012.

1. 06CCSB

06CCSB Member

Just picked up a steal of a deal on a 2 year old 8.5 xtreme v SS with full harness, fish stick and wiring harness off of a 2009 F350. The part number for the truck side that fits this truck (years 08-10) is 7183. I am trying to put it only my 2012 F350 and fisher dealer says that everything should transfer over. The only thing that I'm not sure about is that when you look up the truck side part number for a 2012 (years 11-12) the part number is 7183-1. Holes are not all exactly right when comparing it to the mount on another 2012 F350 I have with truckside already on and working with with another xtreme v. Can anyone help me through this. Thanks in advance.

Tyler

2. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

3. 06CCSB

06CCSB Member

Thank you Brad. However I did already throughly read that post and I was simply wondering if anyone else had gone through this experience. I'm wondering if Fisher saying that I or anyone else going through this needing to buy another one is a marketing tool. The mounts are identical other than the two holes that they talk about in the other post. The change of fit for cooling is what I am questioning. Anyone else?

4. brad96z28

Do you have a diesel?

5. 06CCSB

06CCSB Member

yes. Going from 6.4 diesel to 6.7 diesel.

6. brad96z28

What does it take 20 min to pull the bumper off and try it. Ive done maybe 8 of these but have always had the correct mounts I dont always go by the directions on these sometimes where they say there is a hole there isnt and if there is a hole there I put a bolt in there weather they like it or not. If you put them on you will know if they are hitting something most of the ones I did had gas engines.I have a set of the -1 I wish had a regular set to compare. Its tough to tell in a picture.I will try to ask a friend of mine to see if he has run into it, he does alot of installs too.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  7. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

its NOT just 83 has 2 holes and 83-1 has 3 the back bones are totally different the 83 is straight across and the 83-1 i tapers downward towards the frt if u chk the 2 different schenatics on the fisher website u'll now be able to see what a difference there is the 83-1 can slip dwn under where the 83 cant on the diesel motor for 2011 and 12