1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Push plate mounting kit.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by wolfmobile8, Nov 27, 2012.

1. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

I was just wondering if fisher makes a mounting kit for there push plates seperate. i didn't see anything on some fisher dealers websites and was just curious if not ill go to lowes and get all the bolts.

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

they make a bolt kit i bought a few yrs ago when i put a couple of plows on for people

3. LON

LON Senior Member

Bolt kits are available. What kit number?

4. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

They make them but I would not waste my money most of the kits come with crap grade 5 bolts that look like total garbage a year from now. Find your push plate number on fishers web site look at the part list for what you need for bolts. Tractor supply or hardware store is a good place to get grade 8 bolts.

5. wolfmobile8

Ill have to check i got them used and just painted them.
    Yea brad i got them used and just painted them. I might just go to lowes.

6. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

we can still figure out which mount you have by what truck you are putting it on.

7. wolfmobile8

There on a 2002 chevy 2500hd duramax

8. brad96z28

Oh thats easy without even looking it up. (6) 1/2 x 1 1/2 and (2) 5/8 x2 and washers and lock nuts or lock washers.

9. BBC co

BBC co PlowSite.com Addict

only bad thing about the grade 8 and dealers will tell u not to use them is you want the bolt to fail rather then the impact transferring to the frame if its's that bad of a hit..

personally paint the 5 or 6's

10. brad96z28

If you hit something and break 1/2 and 5/8 grade 5 bolts you will have much bigger problems to worry about.I have not seen any bolts brake during a hit yet only twist and break the mounts. Grade 5 or 8. On installs that ive done on the big trucks f 650s come with grade 8 from fisher and some of the bolts on the 7183 ford super duty bolts are grade 8.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  11. BBC co

ya i had an old gmc forget the make was like 20 years ago hit a man hole cover in a wide open lot at like 10mph in a white out sheared the bolts and the blade came around the drivers side of the truck attached by the hoses so it happens, but i agree with u it's unlikely but i personally cant afford a new truck so went with what ever the dealer sold

12. brad96z28

20 years ago fisher made real plows and push plates with real steel. I think then they broke the bolts on the push beam. Now they end up like a pretzel. Ive done a couple hundred with grade 8 see if any of them will need new trucks? Lord knows when trucks get into accidents the frames never bend :laughing:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  13. wolfmobile8

Ok thanks brad. yea that first snow we got i didn't think i would have needed my plow come to find out i did so i was in a rush and my bros exv was in front of mine and was on the grass on a little hill and it was wall mud so i took a j hook just to pull it out of the way to get mine and put the j hook on one of my push plates then wwnt down to unhook it and had bent it i was pissed and never seen one bend before unlees someone got into an accident with one but i needed to replace them anyways noticed last season the previous owner had welede a little crack in one of them.

14. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Ya the Speedcasts used grade 2 bolts for the push beam. Pretty good idea. Similar to a sheer pin...sacrificial.

I used grade 5 for my Fisher mount on the Dodge. I just got the parts list off the site and went to Tractor Supply. I welded on my own sticks to the bolts/nuts.

15. BBC co

ya i thought about welding sticks on but just got em from dealer bought rest of the bolts at lowes or hd

16. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

go over to mackay and get some bolts.I see your truck around town enough.

17. wolfmobile8

haha yea I think i see your truck around to sometimes.

18. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

What about stainless, so you could actually take them off without cutting or a torch in a few years? Are they too "brittle"?

Prepping to put a set of 7169 on my '02 2500HD knowing that in a few years i'll likely upgrade to a '03-'07...

19. I think you guys worry too much...grade 5 or grade 8 when properly installed will not fail. If you hit something hard enough to bend or break them, the broken bolts are the least of your worries!!

20. wolfmobile8

Alset put my new mounts on just used all of my old bolts.