1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

push plate mod???

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BTRBLDR, Feb 25, 2011.

1. BTRBLDR

BTRBLDR Member

I have an 01 dodge 2500 that I needed plates for. I found some on craigslist for $200 so I bought them. Come to find out these arent the 7157 plates I need but they are the 7141b plates for the older rams. Can I mod these to fit or should I just bite the bullet and buy the correct ones? Has anyone ever done this?:eek:

2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

http://library.fisherplows.com/fisherplows/pdf/6480_012897.pdf - 7141b
    http://library.fisherplows.com/fisherplows/pdf/21930.11_040108.pdf - 7157

Looks like the 7141b were the first design which was changed to the 1757. There is no frame differences from the 1994 through the 01 that I am aware of. Check them out see if they will fit- if so don;t worry about it. Regarding modifying them- I wouldn't. Not that it can't be done, but looking at the drawings linked above, it's not worth it. If it worries you you could always add the external vertical bolt through plate but the horizontal one is not as simple.

3. BTRBLDR

BTRBLDR Member

Thanks!! I did try them and they definately won't fit. I think if I cut one piece off they would but I'm just going to list them for sale instead and buy the correct ones.

4. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I am not sure of the numbers but I remember in installing those era Dodges that the radiator setup for the Cummins led to a different frame design. That doesn't seem to be the issue here. Since the one covers all those years I would bet that it was a change in bumper mounting or something similiar that led to the Fisher change. I think you would be fine with a slight modification as long as you maintain the fitment to the frame and the bolting locations.

5. vtjeeper

vtjeeper Junior Member
    from vermont

I'll throw in one vote for making them work. they look very close to me. I made my own. they haven't bent or moved at all. you may need to weld on another piece depending on what you need to cut off, but I'd make them work

6. billy2455

billy2455 Junior Member

i have completely redone my mounts twice. No problem what so ever. On the instruction sheets for the push plates they give you measurements to get the right side to side measurement. I also found that the lowest you want them is 12" from the ground to the center of the eye hole. Mine were at 11" and I raised them to 15" to get more ground clearance. I would just cut and weld to make them fit. Its cheaper and you know what you have when your done.

7. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Check out Craigslist - expand the distance too. There is a couple of guys down by me (Boston/worcester) looking for plates for this era truck...and a few postings for plates for sale. Might have the ones you need.