1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Push Plate/ Leaf Spring Question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by PeteB4, Feb 25, 2009.

1. PeteB4

PeteB4 Member
    from Maine

Not sure whether to post in Fisher section or Ford section...maybe a mod can move if necessary.

I wanted to upgrade the front leaf springs in my F350 but never got around to it before getting the plow. Will the push plates need to be removed from the frame to change out the leaf springs? I will be having someone do it for me, but I am just wondering as far time/labor.

Thanks.

2. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

I can't see any reason that they would need to take off the plow mount to remove the spring packs. The push plates shouldn't be mounted to any of the spring hardware they will need to remove.

My vote is no problem.

Ken

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

If its a 99-04 it all depends on which way the bolt on the front hanger was put in. If s its from the outside then your good, from the inside and it will be in the way.

4. PeteB4

PeteB4 Member
    from Maine

That's kinda what I was thinking Crash. The bolts do go from the inside out.

5. wildbroncobilly

wildbroncobilly Member

just drop the front hanger bracket down

6. PeteB4

PeteB4 Member
    from Maine

Don't mean to sound stupid, but I'm not quite sure what you mean Wildbroncobilly. To get the old ones off?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  7. wildbroncobilly

wildbroncobilly Member

That front bracket that the spring is mounted to is held on by the three bolts holding on the tow hook coming from inside the frame---------scratch that last thought they go in from the bottom ,when I did my leveling kit I had to remove the plow frame to get the spring bolt and bracket off !!!!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  8. PeteB4

PeteB4 Member
    from Maine

ok thanks. Looks like the plow frame is going to need to come off.