1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Push Plate install 2015 GMC 2500HD

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Motorman 007, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Has anyone done one of these yet? It looks like quite a job. What's up with having to install the iso mod in the fender well???
  2. BUMP**

I know it's August and we aren't thinking plows but does anyone have any advice? The dealership that I bought the truck at is installing the pushplates for me but I'm just wondering if it's really necessary to install the isomod inside the fender well and do you really have to remove the headlight assembly to connect the wiring?? It really appears accessible from under the hood..
  3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What's the big deal? If the dealer is installing everything then sit hack and relax. You don't have to do any work.
  4. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

It's two pins to remove the headlights... Not a big deal at all
  5. As I said in my message, the dealer is installing the push plates since it's a multi hour job involving removing the front bumper and grille and they threw it in the deal. I'm doing the rest of it so I was asking someone who had a clue why the 2015s were different.....
  6. On a 2015 GMC 2500HD??? Not.
  7. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I recall reading installing strobes on newer Chevy/gmc's are real fun. Half the battle is pulling headlights

Good luck
  8. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

If your installing the wiring you can put it where ever you choose.
    This is also a 2015. And not a lot of people have them yet.
  9. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

ISO mod goes in the fender well due to high heat issues in the engine compartment as per Fishers own technical service bulletin.to do that the headlights come out and all the wiring is right in front of you,don't forget,you need to make 3 splices which isn't easy with the lights in.to answer your next question,the lights come out easiest with the bumper removed,if they are doing the mounts,it maybe worth paying for the rest,up to you.
  10. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Sorry. Work on too many different trucks lol

You can take the battery out on one side and the air box on the other. Or go through fender wheel.
  11. Thank you sir...that's the answer I was looking for.
  12. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Don't be intimidated by the mounts,bumper removes easily,grill is a little tricky but take your time,the biggest thing with the 15's is notching the lower portion of the bumper as it now contains a steel brace that you can cut with a cutoff wheel,other than that,no big deal,instructions are pretty clear with the mount kit as well.Of course if your not comfortable by all means take it to a dealer,i would probably pay for the whole shot at that point,just my 2 cents
  13. jdfireman

jdfireman Member
    from NJ

The lights are fun to remove don't forget the bolt o the back side of the bumper

Now has anyone seen a install on a 2500HD 2015 LTZ z71 Diesel with out cutting the bumper itself Please share thanks
  14. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

I don't think its possible