1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Push plate compatibility question

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by TnseVol10, Nov 23, 2008.

1. TnseVol10

TnseVol10 Junior Member
    from Maine

Just moved to Maine and bought a house with a 215' long driveway. I have a 95 Chevy 1/2 ton (K1500) 4X4 extended cab with the 4.3Z engine. I think I have a lead on a "starter" plow (cheap). It is an OLD Fisher 7.5'. Checked to make sure it is solid and not rusted through, etc. I believe I am correct in assuming that 1988-2000 Chevy/GMC 1/2 ton frames are all the same with respect to this application. I also believe I am correct in assuming that I CANNOT use minute mount push plates since this is not a minute mount plow. Can someone please confirm or deny this and possibly put me on the right track to finding the correct push plates?

Thanks,
    Mike

2. Harleychvy

Harleychvy Senior Member

I'd call the local fisher dealer, they can give you definate answers. W A Messers is the one in Portland

3. tvpierce

tvpierce Senior Member
    from Maine

Is this old Fisher unit just the plow, or does it come with headgear, pump, pushplates, pushbeam, etc.? I think you'd be better off finding a complete system than trying to piece one together. Have you checked Uncle Henry's and Craigslist (ME & NH)?

4. Harleychvy

Harleychvy Senior Member

If you want to got minute mount, I have a set for a 7 6, off a 88 1/2 ton GMC