1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

push or backdrag

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by vagle, Aug 26, 2015.

1. vagle

vagle Junior Member

Ok so new to forum probably will get some crap for this post! The company I work for I have been plowing their long azz driveway with a skid loader for years. I have done a few driveways with a truck (not mine) but still a rookie. Finally got the company to get me a truck with plow! 2012 Ram 2500HD SLT 8.5 Hiniker Steel Plow!

The question I have is on the driveway by the loading dock there is an incline, which i pushed up last year but felt the plow was digging as I went up it. Should I be back dragging this?

3 Pics attached 2 inclines in the driveway I usually push down one (1st pic) and up on the other (2nd pic). The third is a pano of the area

pic 1.jpg

pic 2.jpg

pano.jpg

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

You could try shoes.

3. vagle

vagle Junior Member

I have them. I only use them for the first few snow falls or until i have a nice base to work with.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Anytime you go "up" your plow WILL dig in till the shoes catch up. If this is an issue, you need to back drag it.
    Not 100% understanding why you would push snow up towards the loading dock.

5. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Are you in "float"?

6. vagle

vagle Junior Member

Yes I am in float but still digs its a dirt driveway working on the owner to get paved. Not pushing towards the dock (unless someone is parked there that I don't like) I back drag that out, the dock is behind me in the pic. Around the semi trailer there is more parking and a overhead door so that all gets cleared. attached is the area of concern.

the circle is the troubled area and the dot is me.

buidness.png

7. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Your just going to have to back drag it

8. vagle

vagle Junior Member

Thanks, everyone for your input on helping solve this don't want to wreck the driveway or the truck and plow more importantly. I think I will just try to back drag like recommended. Ty

9. Flyboy77

Flyboy77 Senior Member

10. vagle

vagle Junior Member

This is an excellent idea. Might have to try. How convenient that I have the pipe and everything I need for that right at work.