1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Push liquid SPRAYERS on walks?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by BigBoyPlowin, Nov 23, 2012.

1. BigBoyPlowin

BigBoyPlowin Senior Member

has anyone purchased the snow-ex liquid walk behind sprayer (or one simular) and used it on walkways??

I've been debating one them for a little while..
    Anyone have feedback???

2. BigBoyPlowin

No one?!?!?!
    [​IMG]

3. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

No I haven't purchased the snow-ex liquid walk behind sprayer . And no I have never used one. BUT, I have used liquid on sidewalks and steps and it works nice.

But I don't think that helps any. :laughing:

4. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

yes we wasted our money on a snowex last year.... the output of the snowex was very low... we are gonna try the earthway this year.. my guys like the back pack sprayers.. for the stairs and short walks and stoops...

5. BigBoyPlowin

Haha thanks guys.... yeah i was debating on it... because last year the sprayers were dripping and sent 3 of my guys to the hospital. So i ont want to use the atv sprayers nymore

6. allseasons87

allseasons87 Senior Member

Earthway walk behind sprayers work well if you have a larger tank to refill with.

7. NorthernSvc's

yea we have 2 55 gallon drums in our box truck with a gravity system that we use to fill everything with.

8. allseasons87

allseasons87 Senior Member

Earthways are nice and light to load & unload, compact so you can carry multiple, and are a pretty simple design (gear driven) so maintenance is pretty low on them. I've never thought about carrying 55 gallon drums with product. That's a good idea.

9. BigBoyPlowin

First off I apologize for the typos... I'm usually on my iPhone typing with big thumbs! Lol

And yeah My plan is to actually have a tote in my trailer with a hose long enough to fill the sprayer while its out the side door. I think it will flow pretty well.

10. BigBoyPlowin

For the owners:
    Can you adjust how much liquid you want to drop or is it just one setting? In other words can I lay it on heavy in one pass? How does that work?

11. WildRidge

WildRidge Member

Here are a few pictures of the sidewalk sprayer we carry. Avoid having to transfer any chemical and just set your 55 gallon drum or 5 gallon bucket on the sprayer and go.

•Powder-coat finish is durable for extended use
    •Battery operated for easy overall application
    •Pumps 2 gal. per minute
    •15-gal. bucket covers up to 15,000 sq. ft.
    •Includes pump cart, 5 gal. of Liquid Snow Shovel and rechargeable, leakproof 12V battery.
    •Dimensions: 20"l x 24"w x 47"h
    •Weight: 20 lb.
    •Warranty: 1 year limited parts

Sidewalk Buddy.jpg

XL15Boom_xlrg.jpg

boom_xlrg.jpg

XL15back_xlrg.jpg

12. NorthernSvc's

we just "fixed" our snowex sprayer... replaced a lot of their cheap ass parts.. now the guys are running behind it... total $50.00 in parts... stock it only puts out 0.3 GPM this is becuase they have to many small fitting that restrict flow... we replaced everything and now it's pumping 1GPM... I will start a new thread about our "fix" with pics and video of what we did... now it's a great sprayer... to bad snowex couldn't just do this from the beggining...

13. BigBoyPlowin

Funny you bring that up because I was just on CL looking at a sprayer... all taken apart for Cheap.. THinking about buying it and adding a 1GPM pump to it and just plumbing everything else just to it.

14. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

I have the SnowEx

I have the SnowEx liquid sidewalk sprayer and have had it for three years. It works great and the spray wand is really helpful on steps.