1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

push defined

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by 160SR, Oct 14, 2014.

1. 160SR

160SR Junior Member
    from nh

I've done residential drives and private roads for decades. Recently decided to bid on a few small commercial lots. I see a lot of the term " per push". Is this the same as per mobilization i.e. 1 pass through during business hours is one push, come back to clean up is another push, or does a push mean 1 charge for the entire storm regardless of how many times you have to go back? I hope it is the former, but some of the bids I've been losing make me wonder. I want to be sure I'm competitive, but $150 to plow the equivalent of 10 average driveways seems crazy.

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

For me its per visit. Whether that's a full plow or just an open up.

3. jerpa

jerpa Member

I've seen "push" defined many ways on this site. Personally I define per push as each time I come to the property and drop the plow. I have small banks and apartment building lots. I've seen others include one pass through and a cleanup later as a push and I would accommodate a customer who wanted that structure. Anything beyond that and I'd rather move to an event pricing structure and factor in multiple trips.

4. 160SR

160SR Junior Member
    from nh

Thanks for the replies. Definitely makes more sense if its for each visit.