1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Push box

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LHL Inc., Dec 31, 2010.

1. LHL Inc.

LHL Inc. Member

Alright i imagine this will spark alot of different opionions but i have a tc44h deere payloader and am looking at adding a case 580sm backhoe. Wondering what you would put on them for pushers, Brand? rubber cutting edge? what size? Thx in advance!!
  2. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Definately lokk into a new Horst. That HLA Sno Wing is the Cat's Pajamas! I like the Avalanche Line of Pushers too!

Can't make up my mind!:mad:
  3. bristolturf

bristolturf Senior Member

look at some protechs. I know around here we get a mixture of snow (light and fluffy/heavy and wet) and the rubber edge works good in the light stuff and the heavy stuff is better removed by the steel cutting edge. Protech has a pusher out with the changable cutting edge which looks like a really good idea.

Or I would also look into the Kage Innovations system, at least for your wheel loader. Im not sure if it will work with your backhoe or not. But with that thing, you get a plow and containment box, which you can disconnect the containment box as needed with out leaving the cab. Brickman runs them at a hospital by me and it works really really good. You can get a 14' for your wheel loader which is probably the most i would go with and the backhoe id stay in the 10-12 range. But still I think either the protech with the changable cutting edge or the Kage system. And with the kage you can also angle the pusher too which i know can be helpful at times too
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2011

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Im not sure I would put one of those Kage setups on a wheel loader, Im not knocking their product Just doesnt seem heavy enough to put in front of a heavy piece of iron. On a skid loader I think it would be fine.
  5. bristolturf

bristolturf Senior Member

The Kage Snowstorm for wheel loaders in a 14' model has a weight of 2500lbs, a 14' Protech IST (Steel Cutting Edge) has a weight of 2550lbs, the switch blade has a weight of 2900lbs, Avalanches are a little bit heavy with a weight of 3200lbs for the steel edge and 2900lbs for the rubber edge.

I agree I wouldnt put it infront of a Michigan L70 or something but that Deere isnt a huge piece of equipment, thats a smaller wheel loader and I think that would work very efficiently. It just depends on what kind of lot you have. Personally I would rather just plow with a loader to the end throw the kage on on the plow, and make a few passes to stack it all up. Getting done a lot quicker
  6. fargosnowpro

fargosnowpro Member

We run a 12' Gannon rubber edge pusher on our Case 570 and it's a little much, the pusher is a taller model, about 2.5-3'. It gets the job done if you're smart about it but doesn't seem to be the best tool for the job.

If we were to do it again, I would go with a 12LD sectional pusher wesport
  7. LHL Inc.

LHL Inc. Member

do you run chains on your 570 loaders??