1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

push beam drop bracket

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by magnatrac, Dec 8, 2007.

1. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I posted on another thread( about push beam height) that my push beam would be in spec once I lowered it as much as I could. Well it looked good when the plow was straight but when it was angled it was no good!!! My leading wing was on the ground and the trailing wing was up about an inch or so. My truck has a 4" lift and the blizzard mount onlyhas 2" of adjustment. I made a 3" drop bracket with some 3/8 steel. It has two plates one shorter than the other,welded and drilled to line up under the existing holes. I made it bolt on so I can raise it up for the summer. I guess these are the silly things that I'll do to have a good looking truck in the summer!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. plowboy21

plowboy21 Member

yeah i did the same thing to my 860 speedwing i ended up taking it all the way to the top holes and filled as many holes with grade 8 bolts as i could in the spring i have to re do it cause i want to go up another 4" but then i have to run more back bracing so it wont fold under on me id like to make it out of 1/2 inch

3. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

That looks really good. I'm thinking I wouldn't need that since I'm not putting a 4 inch lift in, I'm only thinking of doing the torsion bar keys, which at best would get me 2-3 inches. I'd love a 4 inch suspension, but then I'd want bigger tires, and there just isn't much out there for a 6 inch rim.
    I've been looking at mine with the blade on, and the whole thing is pretty darn low to the ground. I don't think another couple inches would do me any harm.
    Am I right in assuming that when Blizzard says 14 inches, they mean when the blade is off?

If I did mess with the brackets, that would be a good time to turn them around. I've seen it done, it pulls the plow in a little bit closer to the truck. Which would be nice because it is pretty far away stock.

I actually had to straighten one of the brackets because it got folded over a little somehow last year. Sometimes I think I'm a little bit hard on my stuff...

4. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

I wouldn't put it any closer, especially on a 99 plow, as I think you risk bending valves if you stack much. Might want to do yourself a favor and buy a new black cover, as the 99 covers where way to floppy, later years thicker and stiffer.