1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

purple wire?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Greenstar lawn, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Greenstar lawn

Greenstar lawn Senior Member

I have a 4 port iso and everything works except for the turn signals on the plow. When i wired up the headlamps to the harness there was a purple and black wire on the driver side and just a purple one on the passenger side. where do these tap into?

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Purple wires taps into your signal lights

Plain black wire???

3. Greenstar lawn

what color do i tap it into on the signal lights

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Are you color blind? I know I am, and thats what I referred to it as until I read the instructions. they call it brown actually.

The passenger side wire (purple) goes to the turn signal on that side. The Other two on the drivers side go to the Parking light (brown), and turn signal (purple) as well. There might even be a pink wire....leave that one alone.

5. twinman326

Thanks repo..He was asking what color wires does he tap into on the vehicle..

To me the easy way to find out what color your wires are on you signals is to use a teas light and probe the two wires..Remove the turn signal from it housing, have someone turn on the turn signal, and probe the wire to see which one is blinking.. Attach the purple wire to the the wire that control the blinker, the other wire (repo call it brown) is the wire that goes to the parking light.

The wire you probe, and was flashing on and off, should be the same color on the passenger side turn signal..

6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Precisely how I do it as well.

7. Greenstar lawn

Sorry but electrical is not my thing. But it makes sense. The harness that i bought was a used one and its tough to tell the color of the wire. thanks for the help twinman and repo man

8. twinman326

here is a digram

ligharn.jpg

The digram shows were they should go..

Using a test light for the parking and turn signals are not the hard..Put the parking light on (parking and turn usually use the same bulb) . If the test light, lights but does not blink on and off, attach the brown wire, and the other wire should be the turn signal..the purple will go the that one..

Let us know what happens

ligharn.jpg

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  9. Greenstar lawn

Man thanks Twinman for all the information:salute: i will keep you posted

10. twinman326

Very welcome sir..Let us know what happen.Have a good holiday

11. twinman326

How did you make out Greenstar ??

12. Greenstar lawn

Just got them hooked up and man those night hawk lights are real nice. I also hooked up all my strobes too around the truck. Thanks for the help and Happy Holidays Twinman:waving:

13. twinman326

Happy holidays to you also..........Good luck