Snow Plowing Forum banner

Purple salt?

19K views 32 replies 20 participants last post by  ARBGIM 
#1 ·
Where does the purple salt come from, is this from Cargil? I see a guy using it around my area, never seen purple dyed salt before.

#27 ·
I use salt here dyed blue or green...it makes it easier to see...the green salt i use has a little bit of mag and potassium chloride in it...it is actually a cheap ice melter but it works wonderfully on lots...the blue stuff is just dyed...i dont know why but it looks neat. I'm the only guy using it with my salters around here and the customers think its neat because they call tell when we've been out because the lot is blue!

#29 ·
MahonLawnCare;1002715 said:
I use salt here dyed blue or green...it makes it easier to see...the green salt i use has a little bit of mag and potassium chloride in it...it is actually a cheap ice melter but it works wonderfully on lots...the blue stuff is just dyed...i dont know why but it looks neat. I'm the only guy using it with my salters around here and the customers think its neat because they call tell when we've been out because the lot is blue!
Yes, our customers like the Green Earth ice melter because it's easy to see also. Less tracking too.

#31 ·
Our supplier gets all kinds of colors. We've had a brown/tan color. We've had red (pink), We've had green and they just went through a shipment of blue. They are on a white shipment, now. Who knows what will be next. None of this salt is treated, though...just dyed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.