1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

purple salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by stewartsrepair, Nov 9, 2011.

1. stewartsrepair

stewartsrepair Junior Member

any one ever use snow slicer the purple salt the sales man told me i would use 30-50% less if i switched. I think i will try it but was looking for the cons if their are any. I also wounder what settings i would use on my saltdagg 1400600ss electric v-box spreader.

2. Rain Man

Rain Man Senior Member

I have been using Snow Slicer for 5 years, great product. You will use 30-40% less and the salt will not have any chunks than a quarter and works down to a lower temperature. Love itpurplebou

3. stewartsrepair

stewartsrepair Junior Member

Rain Man I read the letter you sent to the central but do you have any problems with the product I did get a load in, is their any thing I should look out for

4. Rain Man

Rain Man Senior Member

No problems, just be careful not to use too much. It will just be a little trial and error for how much to use.

5. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

Rule of thumb I give to guys new to Slicer---turn your spreader down. ALL the way. Really.

Apply it as such and observe the results. Increase rate as needed, but you'll find it easier to start low and add, versus over applying.

HTH

6. muffy189

muffy189 Senior Member

does anyone know of a dealer in ne ohio

7. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

How about anyone know of a dealer in eastern Iowa

8. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Central just needs to get it on the east coast now!

9. AMS77

AMS77 Senior Member
    from 43964

Muffy189 there is a dealer in Monaca Pa i believe. Which is not far from you.

10. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

PM me and I can get you the name of the dealer in Iowa

11. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

Pro slicer is all I'm going to use on sidewalks from now on! The consistancy of it is great, but like everyone says, control the amounts used. It works much faster then halite and definetly less needed!

12. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

Anywhere I can see this purple salt? I live in Wyandotte, MI

13. frmboybuck

frmboybuck Junior Member
    from Iowa

You have an email......

14. Rain Man

Rain Man Senior Member

purplebou Just call Central Salt 888-499-7258

15. Pghsaltdog

Pghsaltdog Junior Member
    from 15044

Snow Slicer

Call Central Salt they have it in Pittsburgh and can give you a quote on the product.