1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Purchasing new plow truck.....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by drafto, Feb 9, 2004.

1. drafto

drafto Member

I currently own a 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 with 97,XXX miles on it. The place I work has just issued supplier discount for their employee's for Dodge, GMAC, and Ford. I am not partial to any brand, even though I have owned a Dodge for 3 years (and 2 transmissions). I like the F-250's, new Ram 2500, and GMC HD 2500. Here is my question, would some of you mind posting the zip codes you live in so I can get an idea of the difference in invoice prices on some of these trucks? I think it would be really interesting to see the cost of living adjustments, if any, that these company's put on their vehicles. I would easily take a drive for a better deal, also, put some feedback about the 3 trucks I mentioned, but try not to start a tidal wave!

Thanks,
    Dan

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Bettendorf, Iowa, 52722, right next to Moline/Rock Island Illinois 61265, 61244:waving:

3. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Northwest Indiana (Griffith)46319

Chicago, IL 60654

4. drafto

drafto Member

So far all pricing is the same, I am kind of baffled. I would think something would be different but so far the invoice pricing and MSRP are the same for all 3 makers in each of the above zip codes? I mean, how do they charge the same for a truck, lets say in the midwest, as they would in NYC?

5. The Boss

Try zip code 61265. That's Castle Rock, Colorado, where I bought my Ford.:waving:

6. drafto

drafto Member

Same. The only one so far is Dodge is discounted about $500 in Dallas Texas, but Ford and GMC are the same.

7. LockedUP

LockedUP Senior Member

Get an F350 not a 250. 8 out of 10 plow trucks are ford here

8. drafto

drafto Member

Well from CT to FL to CO to IL to DE they are all priced the same. I really thought I would have found something in these numbers, I am actually amazed they are all the same, with the exception of Dodge in Texas.

9. Plow Meister

The pricing will probably be all the same. But, the incentives change from region to region. One area may have low financing and another may have cash back and yet another may have free air in every tire with purchase.

10. The Boss

My area has 0% financing right now.

11. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek Senior Member

Try 55345, that's Minneapolis MN. 50014 is Ames, IA...

12. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

you could Try 90120 :redbounce

13. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

94010 is burlingame California. Or beverly hills 90210 :D :D

14. james731

james731 Member
    from ny

i have to agree with locked up get the f-350 i think their about $750 more or somethign like that i live on long island ny 11795

15. james731

james731 Member
    from ny

i forgot to mention ford has that commercial upfit thing where if you add someting to their truck ie a plow they give you $1000 back ask the dealor but its ford itself that does it that should pay to go from your 250 - 350

16. Johnny V

Johnny V Member

Why si everyone recommending a 1 ton compared to a 3/4 ton? I am shopping for a new truck as well and was looking at the 3/4 ton for a nicer ride as this is my truck, car, and work truck....

Just curious as I was looking at the Ram 2500, why is everyone saying go 3500?

As for plowing I do small jobs... few driveways and about 5 small apartment lots for a property managemnt company I manage.

Thanks!

17. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

save your money the only thing your gaining is rear capacity.my buddy has an f350 9900 gvwr 4800 pound front end my f250 had 8800gvwr with heavy service suspension and had a 5200 gvwr front end

18. Plow Meister

Mainly, the reason to go to a 1 ton is the cost v/s capacity rule. You will get way more capacity per dollar with a 1 ton. It will cost you an additional $700.00 or so for a 1 ton.

As far as the ride quality, I understand you 100%. I have a Dodge 3/4 ton and have ridden in 1 tons. The ride quality isn't much different. That will be for you to decide.

19. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

yeh but from what he said it doesn't sound like he is looking for max capacity!

20. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

dont get too excited with the supplier discount......sometimes its cheaper to not use it. Its not all that wonderfull of a deal as they make you think, especially the way they want to move vehicals now. I had the option and didnt use it when I bought my chevy....

sometimes it can help though....

the 2500HD is a 1 ton BTW