1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

purchasing an ultramount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by alldayrj, Jul 25, 2011.

1. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

what do I need to know? The guy has the correct truck side parts for my truck, then I need to find the blade elsewhere. can this mount hold an 8' blade or 8.5'? what years/ #s do I need to look for? any way to test it without it being mounted on the truck like hooking up to a battery or something?

thanks
    Richie

2. chevyman83

chevyman83 Member

When you say truck side for your truck is it mount only or wiring with control included? The mount will accept any ultra mount blade. The wiring however will differ between blades.

3. alldayrj

mounts, controller, wiring. Just needs a blade. I' assuming the controller is just for a straight blade but thats the info I need from him I guess

4. chevyman83

chevyman83 Member

Yes if the wiring and controller are for a straight blade then you would have to get a straight blade. The width of the plow however does not matter as long as it doesn't exceed the limits of the truck you are installing on. Im not aware of anyway to test a plow without the truck side being ready though.

5. highmark923

highmark923 Member

By reading another forum on this site I found out that the first 2 digits of the serial number is the year if you needed to know that.

6. alldayrj

thanks Thumbs Up If nothing, its just good to know when it comes to bargaining