1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

purchasing a new plow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by dieselpusher, Sep 14, 2009.

1. dieselpusher

dieselpusher Senior Member

anywhere other then central parts and qte i should look online for a western plow 7.6 pro plow.

just getting some numbers ready:realmad:payup

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Local dealer?
  3. dieselpusher

theyve been really high even pre season. just for a cash and carry no install there getting about 4500 for a 7.6
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

First the local dealer is always a little higher then the discount houses but you get a little better service and while the "mail order" house can offer repair advice they can not unlock the door and put the parts in your hand at midnight when you break down.

Second not a big enough plow, Most diesels I recommend 8' 6". plus i could sell you an eight foot cheaper then a 7'6" just because I don't stock 7'6" in a full size unit. So if you wanted a 7'6" inch blade I'd add freight to the price because I'd bring it in special. Another plus for the local dealer. Most "mail order" places just want to sell you a plow. They are not in the position to advise you on plow choices based on the many parameters involved, what work you do, how your specific truck is equipped, etc. They can try and some do it better then others but it's not the same as having them standing at ground zero.

They look priced reasonably close in price to me, particularly after you add freight:nod:
    What truck do you have carrying that diesel?
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  5. dieselpusher

hey basher

i have an 05 chevy silverado 2500hd crew cab 6.5 bed. with the 6.6 diesel. it has the plow prep package

im just going by what western recomended they said 7.6 id like an 8 ultra mount. how much can you do that for..

i do mainly lots and some drives
  6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You mis-understand me I was not trying to sell you a plow. If I were to install a 8'6" unit on your truck it would have to be a Snoway 32 series. Your truck is limited to 7'6" in the Western and Boss. Your goverment keeping you safe. You can buy a 8 foot western and install it yourself, the dealer just can not do it for you.
  7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Get the Sno-Way or at least an 8' blade.
  8. dieselpusher

sorry basher. i see whatcha mean noww
  9. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Unlock the door and put parts in your hand? unheard of around here
  10. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

That's cheap cause I'm buying a Boss this Nov and thats the out the door price, while all other dealers are 5K without taxes..
  11. MeeksCo

MeeksCo Senior Member

You should go nowhere but craigslist and purchase one used.