1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

purchasing a new plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by BigBadGMC, Aug 7, 2004.

1. BigBadGMC

BigBadGMC Junior Member
    from VA

I getting ready to purchase a new plow for my04 3500 gmc crewcab dually 4x4 with 6.6 diesel. any suggestions as to brand and comments on the v-plows.
  2. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I have had excellent success with the 9'-2" BOSS Power V on my dually and would recommend it to anyone. On another post someone spoke of scrapping all their BOSS plow because "they were junk"... I asked for an explaination and have yet to get a response.

My honest recommendation--decide on a brand based on what dealer is local to you. Then when you need replacement parts, they are easy to get. Pretty well every brand makes a quality product, usually in a cheaper line and a more 'commercial grade' line, its more a matter of personal preference and what you can get a good deal on.

You would get better responses to a question like this if it was posted under a more appropriate section than the Photo Gallery!!! ;)
  3. snoking

snoking Senior Member

ditto.....doesnt get any better
  4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i like the western mvp check out there website