1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Purchased used ultramount pro

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by lawnchopper, Sep 10, 2006.

1. lawnchopper

lawnchopper Junior Member

Hey there,
    Had a question concerning a used plow Im able to buy. I have an extra truck that we would like to put another plow on. Thought I would try to save some money and buy a good used one.
    I found a western ultramount pro, it came off a 2001 gm truck. I have a chevy 98 1500. According to westerns website, this truck should be able to use this plow.
    My question is, can I still use the same isolation module that came with this plow? Just need new wiring harness for lights? Sort of hard to figure out what I need on westerns website.
    I figure I will need a new mount as well. Can you just order a mount?

Thanks for any advice
  2. Rbronkema psfd

Rbronkema psfd Member

Go to your local plow dealership and tell him that you have a 98 1500 and need a wiring harness and a new mount. They will be able to get you everything, and get you a price. All you would really need is the two plates that mount to the frame. Also buy some timberns for the front of the truck. Hope this helps

3. lawnchopper

lawnchopper Junior Member

Timberns are some sort of spring? Where do they get installed?

4. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Timbrens are a thick rubber cushion that get installed between the two arms on the truck suspension. They add a little boost so the truck doesn't squat as bad.
  5. stevesmowing

stevesmowing Member

did you ever get that plow? I am in need of some wiring and mounts for an 02 chevy which would have been as the 01 it came off of. If you can help me out call me at 585-770-3248
  6. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Steve.......I am near Oswego NY and I have a Western ultra
    push bar (mounting carton) for a 99-07 GM 2500 if you need one.
    I want $200 for it.

Remember the 1500 and 2500 have different mounts..........
    Drop me a e-mail or call 315 564 7410