1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Purchased a used plow and have a question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Confused, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Confused

Confused Junior Member
    from MN

Hello,

We just purchased a used plow for mainly doing our lot at work. It is a Pro Plow Ultra Mount setup. My question is, when the plow is up, it seems to wobble around some. I am not sure if this is normal as I am new to plows on trucks. Most of the plowing I have done is with a tractor or a bobcat.

Thanks,

Jason

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Depends on where the wobble is coming from? Western added whats called a pivot bar to the rear of the a-frame assy. This lets the blade twist or follow the contours of the ground better while plowing. If its right at the pivot bolt then its a good idea to get that looked at.

3. Confused

Confused Junior Member
    from MN

It seems to be loose around the the pivot bolt. Surprising alot of play. I did buy this from a dealer and had them install it. Think I should take it back there and ask them about it?

Jason

4. 54powerwagon

54powerwagon Senior Member

sounds like your center bolt. easy fix just use a grade 8 bolt and put in a new one.

5. Confused

Confused Junior Member
    from MN

I will check that. Is there any bushings on the pivot? Does anyone have any specifications on the bolt? size and length?

Thanks for the replies.

Jason