1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Purchase Bulk Salt

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by smartmag, Aug 9, 2010.

1. smartmag

smartmag Junior Member

Hi Everyone,

New to the business. We have been subcontracting for 3 seasons now. This year we are hoping to line up our own lots. I have good things in the pipeline and need to figure out where to purchase bulk salt or how much should I expect to pay per ton. I have a space lined up, where I can store it. So I can purchase more at a time. Any help would be great. BTY - I am woman - not that it matters:)

2. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

If you haven't search around in some of the other threads I think I heard some of them talking that they where getting there's all ready from any where around $65-$85 a ton now. but that will go up later you wait. but if you go in to the ice management forum on here I'm sure someone on there has all ready ask the same question in there somewhere to speed up your answer to your question.

3. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

how much do you need?

4. smartmag

smartmag Junior Member

We are looking at about 20 tons for the first purchase. We might need more later.

5. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Did you check with local supply yards in your area?

A 20 ton purchase may need to be placed with a local yard. Most of the bulk rates you'll find bouncing around here would be for larger quantities.

Not sure why you would bring this up on your first post...:confused:

That will only serve as pig bait around here.

Welcome smartmag...:waving:

6. smartmag

smartmag Junior Member

Not sure about the pig bait. I appreciate all comments thought. I have to start somewhere. Called my local landscaping suppliers and got my answers. So Thanks.

7. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Certainly no offense to you.

There have been moments here where some act that way toward the fairer sex.

Good luck to you!