1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pump wont lift

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by hangnail, Sep 19, 2008.

1. hangnail

hangnail Junior Member

I have a conventional plow with electric/hydrolic pump. The pump will not raise, but angles. I have a feeling that the piston needs to be rebuilt, anyone done that before?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Cable controls?

3. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

Either the piston.They can be repacked or the valve if u have one.

4. hangnail

hangnail Junior Member

no

wasnt the seals

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

6. hangnail

hangnail Junior Member

replacing the seals was actually easy, pulling the cylinder is easy too whej the seals are shot, you could clearly see that water had been in there, a little milky. anyways turns out that wans,t the fix, after some monkey'n around and some false negitives, I was finally able to find out it is a bad selinoid coil. thankfully, becuase after comparing pumps with a buddy who has a simialr conventional plow, the shaft on mines spins easier than his. so hopefully this will cure it.

7. hangnail

hangnail Junior Member

bad coil and a bad cartridge, all fixed now, finially