1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pump won't go into float mode

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by rcnease, Sep 6, 2015.

1. rcnease

rcnease Member

I have a E47 pump with a slick stick control. I was starting to put equipment back together today to see what was going to need to be fixed and everything was working well until I went to remove the plow from the truck. I put the plow on the truck and it went up and down left and right perfect. Then when I went to remove the plow, it would not go into float mode so I could lower the pump all the way to remove the chain. I left the stick in the down position, tried it in the neutral position, I tried all kinds of things but couldn't get it to go down to release the chain. I even took a control box that works from in front of the truck and couldn't get the pump to lower with the control box. I got it to the plow to go to the ground, but just not in the float mode. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Try the Meyer section. Better results there
  3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Put slick in float and stand on or get a pry bar and wedge it in the lift arm to push down. Some times these pumps get stiff when sitting for a while.