1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pump wont go down

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by rmarksb, Oct 31, 2007.

1. rmarksb

rmarksb Junior Member

hey my pump wont go down, it goes down and the blade sits on the ground, but i jump on the arm and all but it wont go down far enough to get the chain off to unhook the plow? like i said i got up on it and jumped up and down and it wont move , help. thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Pull the A valve out of the pump and see if it will push down easier..if it's now good, look at the screen on the A valve is it plugged?.. if not, remove and clean the filter/filters behind the 5/8 hex plugs on the front of the pump too. If it's still a no go then the lift cylinder is probably rusted due to water/moisture in the pump and the packing cup on the lift ram is dragging in the rusty cylinder..gonna need a tear down.

3. rmarksb

rmarksb Junior Member

thanks bb, which one is the a valve i have e-60 thanks ,

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The A valve is the smaller of the three..it's mounted directly in the sump base, the others are mounted in the PA block. Since you mentioned that you have an E60, there's also a filter on the backside of the pump too, which is also behind a 5/8 hex plug. Make sure you check that one too.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  5. rmarksb

rmarksb Junior Member

okay thank you , i went out to look and it is as you said, ill do things with it this week end ,

6. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

I had the same problem with my Meyers plow. Come to find out I had to have it in the Float Position, which I didn't even know what that was. With my Meyers, I have to hold the down button for a couple of seconds and there will be a little green light on the pad that comes on. Then go out and push on the pump arm and it should go down. If not, be guided by B&B as he sure knows what he is doing, just like many other guys on this site.

7. phishoook

phishoook Member

or if you have the blade on higher gound when you hook the chain up and try to un-hook it in a lower spot...

toss a 4x4 under each corner and hoo the chain a little longer.

8. iowaplowboy

iowaplowboy Member
    from Iowa

Get pump down .

I had the same thing on an E47 pump today. Tried to put 6 inch spacer underneath and then lower, no good.

Finally, simple is good. I couldn't get the chain to slack so I could move it UP. Had my wife come out and push the "lower" button while I stood on it. Went right down. Moved chain to where I wanted it, reconnect chain, done.

Tested the plow by moving for about 10 minutes, works great. Sometimes, the simplest answer is the good one.