1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pump Wiring

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chris S, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Chris S

Chris S Junior Member

Okay so I got a real old pump that I plan to use for the rest of this season. This pump is only good for up and down and is so old that it was mounted inside the cab of the jeep it came out of and it has a lever on it that raises and lowers the plow. But it will work for my driveway.

So my question is when I pulled it out of the old jeep it was just wired to the battery. So how do I wire into my newer jeep? This pump does not have any switches it just has the one lever, any ideas?

Chris

2. Chris S

Chris S Junior Member

Anyone? Any idea if I need to run a solenoid or if I can just run it to the battery?

Chris

3. jrodgers

jrodgers Senior Member

When you post you need to put details in like what brand, model #, etc. as much info as you can about it. So what brand is it anyway?

4. Chris S

Chris S Junior Member

It is a very old pump called a monarch. Sorry about the lack of info but I just dont know much about it.

Chris

5. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

Just try and figure out how it was hooked up to the other Jeep and go from there... A snow blower might be easier. :waving:

6. Chris S

Chris S Junior Member

This has actually been alot easier that even loading my snowblower. I think I have figured out the wiring on the pump as it already has a solenoind on it that the battery wire comes into and then is split from there.

Thanks,

Chris