1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pump whines with power off

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by vwovw, Jan 22, 2008.

1. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

I thought I had it. I changed the fluid and it stopped whining. I ran it for about two hours this morning... noticed it started whining then lost all power to my control.I turned the remote off and it still was making noise. So I unplugged the main power to the pump. Waited a few minutes plugged it back in and it still made a whining noise, but it had enough power to raise so I could make it home.
    Any ideas before i get started diagnosing.
    This problem is on my htv 28v plow. I didn't miss any work thanks to my wifes truck and plow.
    My wifes wireless remote sure has a problem with staying on. Brand new batteries this morning and it shuts off while in use. Also poor response or reception.MT plow w/dp Any tips

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Check the battery housing sometimes they get dropped on there end and the batteries shift bending the contacts further apart and creating a poor connection, also make sure the black plastic holder itself isn't broken.

3. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

thanks! that fixed the whining 28v:drinkup: