1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pump up problems

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by onefreshburb, Dec 9, 2011.

1. onefreshburb

onefreshburb Junior Member

hey guys i have a uni mount and i put it on my 96 suburban. it goes left and right no problem going up feels like it does not have good power. if i have someone lift the blade when i hit the up joystick it goes right up no problem. can some one help i changed fluid three times already i need this done today please help me...

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

You need to check your pump pressure. It should be between 1500 and 1800 psi. Either you pump is worn out and can't produce the pressure or your pressure relief valve is set too low. This valve does tend to move over time or perhaps the springs just get weak and open prematurly. Either way I would crank up the valve and see if that helps. If you have the old isarmatic the adjustment is under the motor. Let us know what kind of pump you have and we can tell you better how to adjust it. I should also mention that I have seen this problem caused by gunk and debree plugging the fluid gallaries but this is rare.

3. onefreshburb

onefreshburb Junior Member

isarmatic is the pump i have on it i would love to get the pressure up how can i do this

4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

You need to pull the motor to get at the pump on the side of which is the pressure relief valve adjustment. There are two possibilites for adjustments depending on the generation of you plow. Here is a link to the mechanic's guide, page 46 shows this and explains how to adjust it. http://library.westernplows.com/westernplows/pdf/21936_121704.pdf