1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pump to slow

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by f250man, Dec 2, 2007.

1. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I have a e-60 and it is just on its second year of plowing. I was wondering why it seems to be really slow. Is there a way to adjust it to make it work a little faster? Thanks Steve

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What fluid is in it? Have you checked all your electrical connections and grounds for loose or corrosion? Have you cleaned you filters?

3. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I just filled it with arctic blue fluid and I cleaned all of the connections from the pump to the battery. Did not check filters yet. Thanks

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Do you have the single stud motor or the double?? The doubles are alot faster. Is it slow side to side or just down?? You can adjust the down speed on it. I dont know exactly where the set screw is on it to do so.

5. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

It is slow up and side to side. And it is the double stud motor.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Did you drain the oil and flush before filling? Dis-similar fluids will gel and clog the filters.

7. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

All been drained and flushed. Totally new fluid. I will have to check the filters.

8. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Steve, there will be 2 filters, of they look ok just use brake cleaner on them.

Do u leave the pump on the truck year around??

On the E60's there are 2 filters both are behind the nuts on the valve body, there like 5/16 i think.
    both filters all the same Part # M15619 and thete $1.59 each.

The reason I asked, if the motor is on year around, is that all the rain and every thing it hard on the motors. Try all that stuff first, but might be the motor getting weak.

9. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Wow, I kinda feel like B&B after that post lol

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

And I wouldn't have said anything any different C&C....;)

11. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Thanks guys and no I don't leave it on year round stored in the garage with the blade in the summer.

12. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Just checked filters and the on in the back of the pump was all full of grit. So I flushed the pump and filled it up with new fluid again. Steve

13. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

Did that fix it?

14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

That could definitely slow it down since the rear filter is in the main pressure port that the fluid goes through as it's leaving the pump. That filter being plugged will slow the whole system down.

The filter in the front is only to protect the A valve.. the symptoms of it being plugged will be that the plow will be slow to drop or if it's really clogged it won't go down at all...

Let us know if it didn't fix it though...

15. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Seams to have worked we will see later on today when I have to start plowing. I will keep you inormed. Thanks again Steve

16. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

B & B thanks!!!!!

Steve, Let me know how it works out for you..