1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pump test results

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BoulderBronco, Jan 25, 2007.

1. BoulderBronco

BoulderBronco Senior Member

I finally got a test gauge for my pump. I have the old belt driven sucker. I first tested it at the lift ram and got around 1200psi @ 1000RPM. FYI idle is around 700-800RPM. I then tested it directly on the output of the pump. I got 500-600psi @ 1000RPM and 400-500 @ idle. First off sounds like my pump is junk because I think I am suposed to be around 1500psi @ idle. Right? Also I have a 36% smaller pulley on the pump so the pump is probably seeing around 1500RPM on these tests. But I don't understand why I would get different readings on the lift ram vs. directly on the pump. Anyone care to give their input?
  2. chaseatg

chaseatg Member

Your pump is just no good, one reason for getting different readings is that you are by passing the valve that has smaller ports. We always gheck the preasure at the lift or angle ports.
    Yes the presure should be 1500 psi at the lift or angle ports.
    You need a A2311 Pump list price 269.28. I have genuine Fisher pumps in stock.
  3. Al DeMaio

Al DeMaio Junior Member

Yup, you need a pump