1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pump swap

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Mattruck1992, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Mattruck1992

Mattruck1992 Junior Member

hey guys i was wondering if i am able to do a swap from a e-60 to an e-47 i was in the process of rebuilding the e-60 when my dad told me that the reason he stopped using it was that the solonoids were going bad and it was like a 400 dollar fix. The plow is a ST-7.5 and it's a ez classic mount. I was pretty sure that it's possible and that i'll have to switch the controls to the toggles but is the 47 able to lift that plow (i feel like it should but i didn't want to buy it and not be able to use it)

Matt B
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can switch to the E47 without changing a thing as long as the E60 didn't have the low spill couplers that the old E47 won't be equipped with. Otherwise you'll have to swap the plow side couplers to the old style to be compatible with the couplers on the 47.

But I'd steal the needed solenoids from the 47 and finish the 60 before I'd go back to the slow old 47.
  3. sefh

sefh Senior Member

The coils can be switch as B&B stated. I would switch them over first before I went back to a E47.