1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pump Stays running after I let go of controls?????

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by YEEHAW, Dec 8, 2008.

YEEHAW Junior Member

Hey all I have an old school under hood electric pump that now most (not every) time I push the stick up or to either side it does what its supposed to but the pump stays on. Not still trying to lift or angle just spinning. I have changed out the solenoid twice thinking perhaps I had a short inside or something that didn't do it, the switch in the controler doesn't seem to be sticking or anuthing I cleaned that pretty good and then thought maybe it wasn't grounding right so ran a ground wire from the solenoid direct to the battery and it still does it. I thought perhaps the ground do to the fact that when it does this if i give the solenoid a little smack the pump shuts off. ANY IDEAS PLEASE??????? Thanx Eric