1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pump spins, but plow won't return

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by whitehat55, Oct 31, 2007.

1. whitehat55

whitehat55 Junior Member
    from MA

This is my first post. How are you guys...? So I was out in the driveway the other night fixing a a wire that had broke from the pin in my cab connector. Found the wire in the schematic, put voltage to it, and found where I lost it. It was broken inside the rubber. Nice and easy beside how much it sucks pulling that pin out of the rubber. Problem is, fix one thing, and something else has to break. Just glad it did now and not in the middle of a job.
    After I am done i was giving it the run through, and everything works initially. All of a sudden she won't return right. Stuck left with right piston out, left piston in. I have voltage with the pump spinning and everything. My best guess is solenoid valve S1. Anybody else who knows a bit more want to chime in? It is absolutly nothing before the grill plugs. Like I said I also have voltage at the solenoid. I really would appreciate anything you guys could give me before I start wasting money. Thanks in advance.

2. whitehat55

whitehat55 Junior Member
    from MA

She is Fixed.

3. Roger Smith

Roger Smith Junior Member
    from 54893

Hi, My Hiniker does the same thing.How did you fix the problem?

4. whitehat55

whitehat55 Junior Member
    from MA

I think it had something to do with the connection the coil was making to the solenoid valve. I initially assumed it was debris stuck in the valve that was jamming or clogging it. I took the coils off and removed the valve to find nothing. Everything was clean and the valve moved freely, so I put it back together. Lone behold it works again. This is why I assume it was something electrical. I doubt that is your problem, but it could be. I'd be willing to help you out as much as I can if you have any questions. Let me know what exactly is going on with your plow.