1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pump/solenoid wiring question

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by eclancy, Oct 21, 2009.

1. eclancy

eclancy Junior Member

I Have a new to me electro-touch pump/plow setup on my truck.
    I do not know the model, as the sticker is gone, but the electric motor is mounted verticle, and it has 3 solenoids. The two toggles are in the cab, with the mounting plate. In the cab i have (2) black wires, (1) green, (1) red), (1) white. The green, red, black wires in the cab match corresponding green,black, and red wires coming off the solenoids on the pump. But i have (2) blacks in the cab, and only (1) on the pump. I understand the white wire goes to the main pump solenoid.

Can anyone help me out on the wiring for this thing. my only experience is with belt-driven under-hood pumps; and electronics are not my cup of tea.

How do the switches in the cab trigger the pump motor to come on?
    Am i correct in assuming the red goes to red/green to green, etc?

Basically, the PO cut the wiring out between the pump and switches, only leaving 6" pigtails on each end.

Thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Pic should make it self explanatory. The only discrepancy that may be in your case is that you can't tell which of the black wires go where by the pic if the PO also cut the inline fuse holder out. In that case, the black wire on the end of the lift/lower switch goes the the black lead on the pump. And the other black will be in the center of the switch, that one goes to your ignition hot 12V power source (fuse panel).

wiring dia pic1.jpg

3. actionj

actionj Junior Member

hi my name is kevin i have two silonids on top and one in the back of my pump assmbly is this the same skematic too or diffrent

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Same exact thing Kevin. :salute:

5. 33yearsinsnow

33yearsinsnow Senior Member
    from ohio

FYI
    if the wiring harness is to mangeled up you can purchase a new one from a Meyer dealer for approx. $100.00

6. CP Paul

CP Paul Member

Convert from Slick-Stick to Electro Touch.... Wiring???

Hey B&B,

I'm trying to do my homework and do a search before asking questions that have already been answered. I found this thread and still had a question.

This diagram is great, it shows a lot. Just not sure if I go from 4 wire Slick-Stick to 6 wire Electro-Touch, if I need to worry about the extra two wires????

And should I be safe in matching the wire colours coming to Slick-Stick to colours in Electro-Touch?

Thanks,
    Paul

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I'll assume you want to use the existing Slick-Sik harness and wish modify it for the touch pad. If so, you'll have to add the ground wire that you current harness won't have as a TP won't function without it.

The wire color designations for the existing wires can be used to adapt to.

8. CP Paul

CP Paul Member

Adding a ground wire gets us to 5 pins (or wires) of 6. I have no doubt that it will work after that.
    I did see a labeled diagram of the the pin designations for the 6 pin harness connections on Meyers site.
    I'll give it a shot and let ya know,
    Thanks,
    Paul

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You'll have six

1) 12V ignition source

2) ground

3) UHS activation

4) A valve

5) B valve

6) C valve

10. CP Paul

CP Paul Member

Oh so the 12V and the ground are the new ones then? I can get to those easy enough.

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You already have a 12 V source there...you have to, your current Slick-Stik wouldn't function without it.

12. CP Paul

CP Paul Member

I should have double checked the slick-stick wires....sneaky bastards, there ARE 5 wires there!
    The extra or second black wire was buried in the center cuz I only saw 4 colours.

I"ll throw in a ground, figure out which black goes were and that should be it.

Thanks a ton B & B....I really appreciate it!

Awesome pick too (above)
    If there is something I can do for you, let me know...

13. ed39

ed39 Senior Member

B&B i saw you break down the 6 wires power a b c coils ground and signal....can you tell me the colors for each wire as well? i couldn't find them on the Meyer site or my old installation manual

14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

1) 12V power source- black or blue depending on the harness you have.

2) Ground- orange (handheld only)

3) UHS activation - white

4) A valve- black

5) B valve - red

6) C valve - green

15. ed39

ed39 Senior Member

white goes to the 3rd lug on the starter looking solenoid? thanks!

16. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Correct, white to small terminal on the under hood relay.

17. Landscapes8988

Landscapes8988 Senior Member

B&B which colors do what function? up down left right I am having some serious issues with mine and can not figure this thing out at all. plow will work when it feels like it!

18. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Scroll two posts up, colors are there.

19. Landscapes8988

Landscapes8988 Senior Member

Ok sorry but which solenoids do which function?

20. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

A valve - lower
    B valve - raise
    C valve - angle right

Motor only (no valves shifted) - angle left.