1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pump runs but it has no movement, up, down R or L

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by motormallmike, Sep 3, 2011.

1. motormallmike

motormallmike Junior Member

I just connected the plow to the truck getting ready to sell it.It Will not go up down left or right. Last year when I disconnected it it worked fine, It was stored in the barn out of the weather. The plow is about 6+ years old its a Curtis snow pro 3000. It has the square hand held control. When you turn on the switch on the controller it turns on. When you hit the up or right left switches the pump engages. But no movement at all. If you hold down the down button till the red float light comes on you can not push the piston ram down. I have gone on-line to the web sites manual but the wiring diagram really Dosn't show what i want. I have tried to add a ground to the orange wires figuring that they are a shared ground some place but it made no difference. any help would be nice
    PS the other though I had was if water was in the fluid could something be seized????

2. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

When you use the controller for lift see if there is power with a test light at the small red wire in the aframe. Red lift,blue w/black jack extend,pink w/black jack retract,white right angle,blue left angle and the orange is ground.Check the oil if dirty you might need to clean the screen in the tank. Any questions call Angelo at 1-800-343-7676 ex3042.

3. dan450

dan450 Junior Member

Did you ever find the fix for this problem? Mine is doing the same thing. I pulled the pump unit out and had it checked out and tested, and it is working correctly. I'm wondering if I have a ground problem on the truck side?

4. dave c

dave c Junior Member

try moveing the plug while its plug in

5. dave c

dave c Junior Member

hook it up and move the plug back and fouth