1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pump rebuild at Angelos?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Seaway25, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Seaway25

Seaway25 Senior Member

I have a used fisher with the Insta act pump. I bought it used. It seems to work fine but it is a little older and I have no idea how well it was maintained. Anyway, I was thinking about sending it to Angelos http://www.angelos-supplies.com/Portals/0/POWER%20UNIT%20REBUILD.pdf to have them do the $99 rebuild. Anyone done this before? I realize any replaced parts would be extra $. I thought about taking it apart myself but I don't really know what to look for. I'm somewhat concerned that I would take it apart and then not get it back together correctly. Any recommendations?
  2. Seaway25

Seaway25 Senior Member

I've been reading the forums for a couple hours now, and I think I'm just going to take the pump apart tomorrow. I'll check it out myself. It would be good to learn how anyway.
  3. WeDoSnowplowing

WeDoSnowplowing Senior Member

Read more It says $99.00 PLUS parts needed!!!! Those small parts & tiny parts inside adds up I was told. The parts you can not see due to being inside.
    Good luck with your work. Please let us know. A lot of people been viewing this. I think I was # 80 viewer.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  4. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

it's not that hard. i would take the time and down load the manual first.