1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pump/rams for home made plow?

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by Canadian2a, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Canadian2a

Canadian2a Junior Member

Looking to upgrade my home made plow for my 1962 Land Rover.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm currently using an electric winch for up/down and manual angle via a locking pin.

Would like a electric/hydraulic pump unit to mount outside on the bumper.Where would I start looking for something like that?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

I would suggest Meyer E47 or E60. Very simple wiring, dam things are every where and parts are easy to come by. Most plow shops have a few used ones laying around or you could search eBay. Will take some fabrication to mount but if you built the plow this should be relatively easy for you.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

E-47H cheapest solution, they are everywhere and inexpensive, The E-60H is faster, stronger, more expensive and harder to find. They're around just not as inexpensively as the E-47H. Regardless the pump with your lift frame it should be an "H" model.

Your other choice would be a under hood generic pump system. That would allow you to choose the proper sized lift ram for the application.

4. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

I'd bet an old fisher speedcaster setup could be had pretty cheap. It might take a little modification but it'll last as long as your rig. That's a cool land rover btw!

5. Canadian2a

Canadian2a Junior Member

Thanks.Daily driven for just over 10 years now since I rebuilt it.Here is a couple of better pictures with the orginal,never painted since leaving the factory,panels and roof back on.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    -18 C and ready to go to work!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013