1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pump Problems Tiny Bubbles?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by n-easter, Nov 21, 2008.

1. n-easter

n-easter Junior Member
    from NH

My Rams aren't moving?
    It appears that maybe the fluid in my pump is getting hot?
    That's a guess I read it in my manual Trouble Shooting section.
    I noticed previously tiny bubbles in the fluid. So that's why I mention it.

1st let me try to rule out the "Silly"...
    This pump came off an 86 Ford Bronco ii.
    What are the chances my 99 Isuzu Rodeo's engine turns a different way?
    And the Pump now is too?

Everything else seems good to go but none of my Rams move?

When I run the engine, pump lines not connected, If I push in on the end of the lines shouldn't fluid come squirting out?

The left/right lines have connectors similar to air compressor lines.
    But the main lines just screw in.
    When I run the engine if the main line isn't connected shouldn't fluid come squirting out?

I thought I should replace the fluid anyway.
    I read here to also set the Rams upside down so all fluid comes out.
    Doesn't that then leave air the system?
    I can bleed car brakes. One guy on the pedal while I open the valve on the brake caliper air if present comes out. Wouldn't bleeding Plow Hydraulics be the same way?
    Course there is no where to release the said air?

Other info, needed or not.

Fisher Minute Mount.
    With a belt driven hydraulic pump.
    All Rams have only one line.

I've spent a healthy amount of time browsing here for the answer.
    I'm sure it must exist and though I've learned a bit I am still kinda lost.

I just moved my Fisher Minute Mount system from a 86 Ford Bronco II to my 99 Isuzu Rodeo.
    Plow worked flawlessly previous seasons but now as stated above I'm having problems.

When I put the blade on for the first time the main Ram (up/down) was stuck in the up spot.
    It took a come-along along, with a very slight pull & some taps from a plastic tip hammer around the ram to release it.

2. iamfn

iamfn Junior Member

I'm flushing my system and replacing my fluid because it has tiny bubbles and is milky. The rep at Layton truck in Denver said I probably have some water mixed in the old. My pump wouldn't raise when the temp dropped Thursday and the problem appeared. Any water also has some air.

PS I'm new to hydralulic plowing so this is only for what it's worth. I found your post searching this great site for fixes to my problem. good luck.

3. rbergevine

rbergevine Member

Milky looking is contamination for sure. flush all and refill, or regret later. Not sure how to answer the OP. Good luck