1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pump pressure

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Mudchevy, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Mudchevy

Mudchevy Junior Member

I have a 2002 8' ultra mount and my question is how high can I go on my pump pressure before I have problems? For the guys that have adjusted there pressure, how far did you go?
    :drinkup:

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Pump pressure should be around 1750psi. Going to far will damage the pump so i wouldnt do more than a 1/4 turn ont the setting. Increasing the pump pressure will not make it go any faster if thats what you looking for.

3. Mudchevy

Mudchevy Junior Member

I was looking from some increase because it seems weak. I'm also looking to make it faster. Do you know how to do this?

4. Crash935

Put a pressure gauge on it before you go adjusting anything. Like i said, go to far and you trash the pump. As for making it faster, not really short of having a motor built to spin faster or central hydraulics.

5. 7879fordplower

7879fordplower Member

wouldn't putting in a bigger displacement gear pump make it faster. it would provide more fluid per turn of the motor. we did this at the RV leveling factory i worked at, the pump wasn't moving enought fluid to move the bigger cylinders in the time the computer controler was programed for. and the untera mount pump units look a lot like the pump units we sold.

6. Crash935

If the pump fits with the same rotation. The uni and ultra use the exact same pump.