1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pump Not moving just makes click sound

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by AFM Contracting, Dec 12, 2006.

1. AFM Contracting

AFM Contracting Member

I tried to "bench test" my pump before I put it on the truck because I know it sat for a while, so i hooked up all the wires to a battery and turned it on, the lights on the touchpad turn on but the pump just makes a clicking noise, and dosent move, what could this mean?

2. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

Bad ground or a bad connection/corrosion would be the first things Id look at. Are you using a pigtail multi wire connector to hook up the pump to power/ground/solenoids?

Look within that connection.

Those things are problematic at best in my opinion and corrosion pigs.

3. AFM Contracting

AFM Contracting Member

I hooked the power directly to the motor and nothing happened.

4. LLM Ann Arbor

I dont know AFW. Storks is the man with the plan on these units. Perhaps call him, or message him.

http://www.storksauto.com/default.php His name is Jeen.

If he can help you which Im sure he can, be sure to come back and give him a public thumbs up.

He's good people.

Even though I think he has me on ignore....heh

5. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

I would look for a bad ground. 1 terminal motors are common for having corrosion problems between the motor and pump base. Clean any corrosion and do not use dielectric grease as it is an insulator.

6. Stan

Stan Senior Member

The grounds are very sensitive and what may look like a good ground may not be.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Try putting your ground wire directly on the motor housing and see if it works.If the motor still wont run,remove the two screw's from the end of the motor and pull the cover plate off and check inside the motor and around the brushes for corrosion. Common thing on the single stud motor's after setting for a while.

8. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

Hey thanks for the complement
    How am I ignoring you? I have alot going on if I didnt answer something just ask again sorry

And those are all good ideas I agree take the motor off and see if you can get it to run off the pump and start from there. After you clean out the cap real good we allways use anti seeze in there to cut down on corrosion

9. LLM Ann Arbor

Oh No big deal Jeen. I just sent you a pm a week ago or so sayin good deal you got on that MD2 out of Illinois on ebay that had the broken top on the e-60...Langsford illinois? I think.

I bid on it too and theres a thread here about it. I deleted the pics but you giot it for 500.

Never heard back from ya.

We're cool and you're my guy if I need parts or whatever too.....I've not bought anything from you yet....

10. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

Actualy it was 787.77 I was on the road and used a sniper was shocked when I saw I got it. I never went to get a local from there bought it from me and I am shipping him all the peices to get it on his truck.

11. LLM Ann Arbor

Ha! Even better. I know it's not but a few hours from GR so I figured it would be easy for you but thats even better that you dont even have to touch it.

12. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

I will be driving by Ann Arbor tomorow on 23 so if you need anything or have any parts for sale let me know we could meet up and save on shipping

13. LLM Ann Arbor

You should turn at Cabellas on 23....M-50 I believe it is and go that way west and hook up with 69 or 94 past Irish Hills if you are going to GR Jeen.

Mores scenic and a quicker route.

14. LLM Ann Arbor

It is M-50....west to Tecumseh, and keep going. It will take you right past Michigan International Speedway to I94, or you could turn left at the speedway on US 12 and go west to 127 north to 94 in Jackson

If you stayed on us 12 it goes to coldwater and 69 is right there but us12 goes southwest and would extend the drive.

15. LLM Ann Arbor

if this ever takes off in the future jeen which I intend it to do, I will need several things but not right now.

Like a spare E60, and a spare touchpad controller.

I am going to install some of the greaseable pivot pins this summer. I'll give you a shout on those when I do if you stock them.

I may even try to install my own zirks on the ones I have now but I dont even think thats possible without taking them all apart anyhow and if I did that I'd just install factory pieces and do it that a way.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2006
  16. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

Yea we stock all that
    I will look into those directions
    I went to Bible College in Jackson for 2 years so I am familiar with that way but we allways take 23 to 96 for Grand Rapids

17. LLM Ann Arbor

Yeah thats an ok way to go. Straight shot. Nice and easy.

Probably quicker when its all said and done.

Have a safe trip.