1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pump Mounting on 89 K2500

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Truno223, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Truno223

Truno223 Junior Member
    from CT

Hello everyone, I'm new here and to plowing. I picked up an 89 Chevrolet K2500 with 350 with AC. The plow I got used came off the same truck but a few years newer. I mounted up the frame and everything but the belt driven hydraulic pump. I have a serpentine setup on my engine so I will be running the hydraulic pump off of the crank with a pulley that came with my plow. But for the life of me I cannot figure out where my pump mounts in the engine bay. I assume on the driver side as I have seen others, but my alternator takes up the most obvious space where it could go. I've included a picture of my engine bay as well as the bracket that I was given with the setup, any input would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Steve

Bracket

[​IMG]

Engine Bay

[​IMG]

2. legendman

legendman Junior Member

I have the same setup, The pump mount torwards the fender between the alt and power steering pump.
    I could get a pic if you need one.

3. Truno223

Truno223 Junior Member
    from CT

Yep, Thanks for the reply. I ended up modifying the bracket that I had to incorporate some of the overbuilt alternator mounts. I finally got finished rebuilding my trip edge tonight and should be ready for snow soon :waving:

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

5. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

got 96 1500,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]