1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pump motor runs but thats it

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Lazer Man, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Lazer Man

Lazer Man Senior Member
    from SW Pa.

We have an e60 pump that seems to run but does not lift plow or angle plow. I can't seem to figure out why plow doesn't operate. Looking for any ideas on why plow won't work

2. valleyviewlawns

valleyviewlawns Member
    from Montana

See if this helps any.

Attached Files:

3. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

do you have a slick stick? they fail and cause variable problems

4. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

check to see if your selenoids are working, have some one operate the plow while you stand in a safe location and listen to see if you can hear them click. if they dont it might not be the controller. theres an o-ring at the back of the pump that has a history of causing problems... at least in my world

5. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

Try the easy ones first, Is it low on fluid. I had a driver call me out to say that his pump was burned up, and all it needed was fluid, he had a leaking line. Also the slick stick can cause a problem.

6. t-sig

t-sig Senior Member
    from 607

Usually if it motors it will move in some direction (might not be the one you want), unless it is low on fluid, the filters are completely plugged, or it is bypassing due to a bad pressure relief valve.

7. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Default is left on these pumps...i.e no valves open or close to go left. Crossover relief would be my guess here