1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pump motor movement

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Xtra, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Xtra

Xtra Member

My pump motor housing rotates about 3/4". Is this possibly a quick fix, like tightening a bolt? Any ideas? Thought I'd ask before I start taking it apart . . . I don't want to open a can of worms and break a brush or something with NOAA predicting a major storm on its way to NJ tomorrow night.
  2. damian

damian Senior Member

tighten the 2 mounting bolts at the commutator end (brush end) of the motor.if your motor has gold colored cover on the end of it held in with 2 phillips head screws,remove them and the cover to gain access to the motor mounting bolts.if you really want to be cool,weld a 3/8 bolt to the motor housing and add a short ground strap to the group ground.this will prevent your motor from searching for a ground through your pump gears and wearing out your pump.the only ground you have now is the good connection/surface between the motor housing and pump block faces and yours was loose.i do this mod to all my commercial guys.
  3. Xtra

Xtra Member

Damian, thanks for the advice.
    Yes I have the gold housing. I'm also running an addtional power/ground line from my truck. I'll try the additonal ground stud idea with that.