1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pump motor has power no move

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by turdcat, Jan 11, 2007.

1. turdcat

turdcat Junior Member
    from Iowa

I have one of these plows. The motor seems to fail to spin. I have tested two of the 4 brushes and they power up. Can can't reach the other two until someone gets home to run controller.

Anyway, if the other two work...... what should be my resistance across the terminals on this motor to tell if I lost the armature.

It does appear to have plenty of brush left and springs are tight. Can I put a little dielectric grease where the brushes contact?
  2. turdcat

turdcat Junior Member
    from Iowa

Ok.... well, I cleaned all the connections and used a micro wire wheel where the brushes contact. Then rinsed with carb cleaner since I can't find my contact cleaner.
    That took care of the issue.

Now I just need a controller that doesn't have to be fumbled with. 100 bucks to rebuild. Anyone know a cheaper way???
  3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Well, I see you got it working:drinkup:

What is wrong with the controller? did you spill your coffee on it? lol