1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pump motor burnt out.

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by makplow, Dec 18, 2007.

1. makplow

makplow Senior Member

I burnt out the motor on my plow the last Storm and it only had between a 120 and 150 hours on it. I missed beingover the warrenty by 5 weeks. It cost me 465.00 to have it fixed, It was mostly my fault because I have the joy stick control and while plowing I have a tendency on holding the joy stick so the motor kept running and it resulted in a fast burn out, All you guys make sure once you have the plow where you want, too release the stick so the motor doesn't keep running.

Mak.

2. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

i found myself doing it this past storm with my curtis. thanks for the tip sorry to hear you had issues

3. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

4. makplow

makplow Senior Member

5. philbert

philbert Junior Member
    from MI

Replacing motor

Hi, I'm trying to replace the motor on my Sno Pro 3000. I got the oil tank off but how do I get the pump away from the motor? There's this plate that's causing some problems...the plate's about 1 and 1/3 inches thick. I'm thinking I can just tap it out but am afraid I'm going to break something.... at 500 bucks for a new motor I don't want to have to buy any more new parts!

:dizzy:Any kind of help would be appreciated. Thanks!

6. picknick15

picknick15 Junior Member