1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pump Lift Arm condition....

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Killswitch, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

Have an MD11 with a E-60 and its relatively new but the lift arm has a lot of free play side to side in it. The hole on the lift for the mounting bolt(to ram) is not egg shaped.

Is this normal to have some play? Or should I be looking at tightening it up with a fatter bolt, or looking at a new lift arm. I just cant imagine the arm is wore out.

What say yee oh masters of the yellow pumps.

2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Maybe a 1/2 inch play at most. We have sleeved the pivot hole on all our plows. No more wear in the lift arm...

3. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

I think its fine then. Like I said there is low miles on this plow and the hole isnt egged. Theres a little more play there than Id like though.

4. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

I welded a sleve with a zerk fitting and its better then new now....Rob

5. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I read this thread this morning. And was out looking at my plow and got an idea to do that. Weld a sleve in place to allow it to plow lift arm to spread the weight.

Well I guess I wasn't the only one with this idea. Now I just have to do it.

6. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

I liked the idea that I can grease it, all i did was drill a hole in it and weld a 1/4 - 24 nut to screw the zerk into.......Rob